Aims & Proposed Outcomes of the Programme:
- KCCC will identify the issues impacting on service sustainability and develop appropriate support structures given the resources available.
- Services will be supported with tools providing contextual information to support facilities in evaluating sustainability in their services.
- Services will have increased understanding of the basics of “sustainability”.
“Better Business” Outreach Programme Process:
- Step 1: Invitation to participate
- Step 2: Baseline Assessment Tool
- Completion of a Baseline Assessment Tool with provider on-site which includes following areas
- Financial Management
- Management of Operations
- Marketing & Customer Service
- Quality and Staff Management
- Policies, Procedures and Records
- Governance and Legal Structure
Step 3: Better Business Health Check Report
- KCCC reviews the assessment and will complete Business Health Check Report.
- KCCC provides the report to provider to review.
- A telephone consultation is then held with the provider where levels of support required from KCCC are discussed.
Step 4: Action Plan
- If required a follow on-site consultation is organised to agree entry into a Support Agreement and development of an Action Plan.
- Individualised Business Action Plans are developed with an agreed timescale for completion
Step 5: Support and Development
- Support and information will continue to be provided to the childcare provider through email/telephone or additional one to one consultations if deemed necessary until the completion of the business action plan.
- The childcare provider may be referred to other KCCC personnel for additional expertise or any relevant outside agency
Step 6: Evaluation of Supports
- Evaluations will be conducted with childcare providers through during and at the end of the support programme.