CUSTOMER COMPLAINT PROCEDURE
Kildare County Childcare Committee (KCCC) is committed to providing a high quality service to all our customers. We regard complaints as an important source of information for improving our services for the future.
What is a complaint?
We define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction concerning the provision of a service or services by KCCC.
How to make a complaint
All complaints must be made in writing (by fax, e-mail or letter). It should be directed initially to the CEO of KCCC (Julie McNamara), who will endeavour to respond to the complaint without delay.
Please send complaints to:
Kildare County Childcare Committee
Unit 21, Thompson Enterprise Centre,
Clane Business Park,
Tel: 045 861307
If the CEO cannot resolve your complaint, or you are unhappy with her response, you can ask for the matter to be reviewed by the KCCC Chairperson.
If you remain unsatisfied with the response, you can make a formal complaint to the KCCC Board, who will investigate the complaint on your behalf.
What information should you provide?
You are required to provide the following information to allow the investigation of your complaint:
• Your name, address and telephone number (e-mail address optional)
• Exactly what you were dissatisfied with
• The name(s) of staff member(s) who you were dealing with (if known)
KCCC commitments when dealing with formal complaints
• We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 5 working days
• We will investigate all complaints and issue a reply to you within 15 working days. Where this is not possible, an interim reply will be issued explaining the position and advising when a substantive response will be issued
• All complaints will be treated promptly, fairly and in confidence
• We will ensure that no complaint you have made in good faith will be used to your disadvantage in the future
• We will endeavour to learn from mistakes to ensure that errors are not repeated.
If you are still unsatisfied, who can you appeal to?
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation by KCCC, you have a right to appeal to the Office of the Ombudsman.
18 Lower Leeson Street
Lo Call: 1890 223030
Tel: 01 678 5222 / Fax: 01 6610570