KCCC are now accepting applications for Parent and Toddler Grants 2022
Closing date: Friday 24th June 2022
Click here for Application Form
Click here for Application Guidelines
Please forward your completed application by post to:
Kildare County Childcare Committee
Unit 21 Thompson Enterprise Centre
Clane Business Park
General Information on grants available:
Applications for funding under this scheme should only be made by Parent & Toddler Groups that are organised on a not for profit basis and involve the participation of parents in the community. Grants will normally range from €100 to €1,250. Existing groups can apply for a maximum grant of €800. New start up groups may apply for a maximum grant of up €1,250.
New in 2022:
1. Buggy Walking Group (see further information Appendix 1):
Additional funding of up to €400 is also available for new or existing P&T Groups to establish and operate Buggy Walking Groups.
- these groups once established will involve groups of parents and children meeting for organised walks on a regular basis in their local community
- these groups must organise at least 6 sessions by the end of the year
2. Additional P&T session:
Additional funding of up to €400 is available for new or existing P&T Groups providing an additional P&T session.
- the intention of the additional session is for new/extra parents to attend, but this may involve some of the same parents attending both sessions
- this funding is aimed at, but not exclusively for, the possible inclusion of Ukrainian families
- new start-up P&T Groups may be eligible to get an additional session payment
- the same funding conditions will apply to the additional session
- a P&T Group may construe a Buggy Walking Group as an additional session
- the same eligible costs will apply to the additional session
Funding will be available for:
- Toys, equipment and books for indoor and outdoor activities, and children’s refreshments
- Storage for equipment
- Training for parents, e.g. paediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses, facilitated sessions
- Promotional Leaflets including any required translations
- Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance or rent, up to a maximum of 30% of total funding for existing services.
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance or rent, up to a maximum of 70% of total funding for new services and buggy walking groups
Funding will not be available for:
- Groups operating out of private homes
- P&T Groups with a closing balance of €3,000 or more in the previous year (except where a P&T Group can provide a signed declaration that the funding available to the P&T group is under €3,000)
- Groups that received funding in 2021 and did not return the Progress Report and receipts for items purchased with last grant
- Outings, once off events and parties
- Existing groups who do not submit evidence of appropriate insurance when making their application
- P & T Groups should have a Bank Account/Credit Union Account. The money taken at each session, any grants received by the group or money received from fundraising should be paid into the account. It is recommended that spending on the group’s behalf should be paid for by cheque/draft. All transactions involving the group’s money should be recorded and all receipts kept
- Applications from P & T Groups will only be accepted from groups known to Kildare CCC, new groups should make arrangements to meet a CCC staff representative prior to application deadline
- P&T Groups must submit evidence of appropriate insurance (not applicable to new groups). New groups should submit evidence of insurance within the first month of receiving the grant.
How to apply:
- Please download the Application Form here
- Please ensure that all sections are completed (Application form, Annual Income & Expenditure Account, Progress Report)
- Simple financial records are important for groups in receipt of grants as they offer protection for all involved however, newly formed groups do not need to provide a financial record until they are in existence for one year.
- Please ensure the application is signed by 2 committee members.
- Applicants are required to submit up to date bank statement/credit union statement (no older than 2 months) with their application form.
- Forward Evidence of insurance with application
- Forward Evidence of receipts for items purchased with last grant, along with progress report
- Grant Applications will not be recommended if: You do not include adequate information, i.e. all sections of the application form must be completed
Post Approval Information:
- Successful applicants are required to submit receipts as evidence of expenditure and comply with any funding conditions as set out in the Grant Agreement letter.
- If a P & T Group wishes to change their approved expenditure, they must apply in writing to Kildare CCC prior to purchasing new item. Kildare CCCs decision will be confirmed in writing
- Successful applicants may receive a support visit from the Kildare CCC
What Kildare County Childcare can do for you?
Kildare County Childcare Committee is available to support anyone wishing to set up a Parent and Toddler group or those currently running one. We can provide information which promotes the provision of a quality service that runs smoothly and conveniently for all the children and parents attending. We can assist you in choosing toys and activities which are developmentally appropriate; encourage adult child interactions or we may be able to put you in contact with relevant agencies or organisations.